Monday, December 28, 2009

at a holiday party

The line: Me: "Please stop touching me." Him: "Oh, are you telling me you're agoraphobic?"

What I Heard: "I know I'm touching you too much for having just met you. I'll diagnose you with something and hope you've never heard of it."

Why It's Wack: You must think all women like shoulder rubs and arm squeezes from strangers. If I ask you to stop touching me, don't assume it's because there's something wrong with ME. You are pushing your luck that I won't break out my ninja skills and make it difficult for you to practice your handy tricks on anyone else.

I Think What You Meant Was: "I want to touch you, and I'm surprised you aren't flattered by it. Maybe you'll like that I studied pyschological disorders and you'll change your mind."

Next time, try: Starting with a handshake and let me decide if I want other contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment